Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2016

A great trip to Borneo

Shane Haldeman


I arranged for Google Expeditions to bring their new program out to our site and provided my students with access to their virtual field trips using google cardboard.  I took my biology classes on a guided tour of the Bornean Rainforest.  I led them through the forest where we saw the great buttressed tree roots.  We then visited a mangrove swamp and saw the effects of rising sea levels on coastal regions.


After spending some time exploring, we then discussed the effects of Palm oil production on the planet.  We discussed deforestation as well resource management.


My students left the classroom with the amazing experience of visiting a place they may never get to physically visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment